What Digital Natives want in the Classroom
- They do not want to be lectured to.
- They want to be respected, to be trusted, and to have their opinions valued and count.
- They want to follow their own interests and passions.
- They want to create, using the tools of their time.
- They want to work with their peers on group work and projects (and prevent slackers from getting a free ride).
- They want to make decisions and share control.
- They want to connect with their peers to express and share their opinions, in class and around the world.
- They want to cooperate and compete with each other.
- They want an education that is not just relevant, but real.
Taken from Teaching Digital Natives by Marc Prensky (www.marcprensky.com)